The one thing we think about non-stop at Lendsqr is how we can get every African access to loans just when they need it. The incredible lives we hear about in developed countries are anchored on ordinary citizens having access to loans to go to school, get their first homes, cards, and even smartphones.
Over the last few years, Lendsqr has been revolutionizing how everyone can get loans easily by helping lenders with the technology, data, and services they need to launch their digital lending at scale.
Top digital lenders like Kredi Bank, Urgent10k, Irorun, and even Sterling Bank now depend on Lendsqr to power their lending systems.
But we cannot do all these without committed and incredibly smart people who share the same passion and vision for Africa. We need you. Join us!
About the engineering manager role
Lendsqr is looking for an exceptional candidate to take on the role of the Engineering Manager. This is an exciting role responsible for leading the software engineering team. Engineering Manager responsibilities include overseeing the successful execution of products and projects within the Lendsqr technology team.
- Design, execute, utilize and maintain software engineering applications.
- Prepare all required Technical Proposal pertinent to software engineering.
- Administer support for Business Development, Systems Engineering and SR Technical personnel.
- Supervise training and development of software engineering staff.
- Assign work to software engineering personnel and evaluate plus manages their performance.
- Support to recruit engineering personnel, technical staffing and project team formation.
- Supervise engineering deliverables.
- Manages continuing support and provide system metrics for client facing products.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmap.
- Comply with all professional departmental as well as company best practices.
- Present project management backup as required.
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job function and suitably use project and software related tools.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience as a senior software engineer
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience leading a team
- Advanced competency in design and architecture
- Good knowledge of TypeScript for the backend (NodeJS)
- Minimum of intermediate competency in React and / or Angular
- Good, working, knowledge of a Git
- Advanced competency in pipeline scripting / YAML
- Advanced competency in SQL and ORM
- Good, working, knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Advanced competency in documentation
- Advanced competency in infrastructure and services with at least a good working knowledge of AWS
- Remote work experience would be an advantage
- Base pay
- Incentive pay
- Other company benefits as defined by policy
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying